Coaching for Humanity Panel Conversation
Jenny Tarwater served as MC for a panel of professional and agile coaches that included AnaElsa Aviles, Michael Tucker, Ann-Marie Kong, Joseph Jones, and Dr. Dave Cornelius. Conversations flowed between panel members as attendees also contributed with specific questions.
My definition of Coaching is helping people achieve their level of awesomeness. People are fully capable of discovering their challenges, experimenting with options, and measuring the outcomes that is sustainable for their lives. I am here to be an active listener that help people realize their dreams and passions in the journey. Pursue your awesomeness!
- What's the difference between a life coach and an agile coach?
- What has been your biggest challenge with coaching?
- How do you adjust your leadership styles to ensure you are effectively coaching your clients?
- What do you include in your working agreements when coaching…if you do a working agreement at all?
- Is it better to decline a client you suspect is not ready?
- Have you ever experienced a client that became combative to your coaching and gave a bad review?
- What is important about working agreements/contracting?
- Let’s talk about the coaching question “How do you like to receive feedback”
- What is on your mind for our coaching conversation today?
- What goals do you want to achieve by the end of this session?
- What will you do next?
- What might stop you from doing that?
- What were you surprised about during your coaching certification journey?
- What might we consider when thinking about coaching through the lens of diversity, inclusion and belonging? BIPOC folks, underrepresented groups.
- What is one piece of practical advice you would give to someone starting out?
- What is generative listening?
- How can we go deeper? What has provided a HUGE leap in coaching for you? Less expensive (e.g. book, Twitter account) would be great!
- Is there anything we’re leaving out here that needs to be addressed? Is there something you wish we had discussed?
- My one thing: Standing in the gap
- Connection and meaningful dialogue
- Get out of the way and let the client find their level of awesomeness.
- Difference between agile coaching and professional coaching
- Coaching is not about you.
- Grateful to connect with other coaches and hear experiences/perspectives. Thank you.
- Better understanding of the true meaning of coaching.
- More clarity about coaching. Thanks!
- The power of listening and being present
- Levels of Listening: 1) Internal Listening, 2) Focused Listening, and 3) Global Listening